Monday, February 1, 2010

Dongting Stir Fried Duck Breast

Duck breast fried with pepper and spring onion

This was my first time trying this dish since duck breast normally comes in the form of roast ducks or duck rice when I eat them in Singapore.We got this frozen duck breast in Sweden but I'm sure you can use other dark meat like beef to substitute. I like how simple this dish is and will definitely make this for my dad :)

Ingredients
1 boneless duck breasts, sliced thinly and marinated with 1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine, 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce and 1/4 teaspoon dark soy sauce
2 spring onions
2 red chili or 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
1 garlic clove finely sliced
About same amount of ginger, peeled and finely sliced
salt and 1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon oil for cooking

Steps
  1. Marinade the sliced duck breast while you prepare the other ingredients.
  2. Cut the white and green part of the spring onions into 1cm chunks and the green parts to 3cm sections. Cut the chili into 0.5 cm slices or the bell pepper into small squares about the size of the duck slices.
  3. Heat the wok over high heat until smoke rises, then add the cooking oil and swirl it around. Add the duck slices and stir fry it until it is nearly cooked.
  4. Add the garlic, ginger, white and green portions of the spring onions and chili/red pepper and stir fry until fragrant. 
  5. Season with salt to taste and when everything is smelling good, stir in the spring onions greens, stir in the sesame oil and serve.



2 comments:

  1. This looks really interesting to create! The breast is my favorite part in a duck because it's really tasty and also juicy. I can't wait to get home and cook this recipe later.

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good u like it and I hope it turned out well! I haven't made this for a while now so maybe I will do the same :)

    ReplyDelete