My Dad likes to watch cooking shows and this was one of the dish he wanted to try but haven't got the chance yet. I didn't watch the episode and relied mainly on his description and some prior knowledge from when I made the Chinese meatballs, I experimented with it. If you have a better recipe, please share!
150g prawns, deviled, shelled
300g minced pork
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon ginger-soaking water
2 teaspoon chicken stock powder
1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine
- Minced the prawn meat by chopping it with your knife, but do not render it to too small pieces.
- Add the minced prawn to the minced pork in a large bowl, add in the seasoning and use a pair of chopsticks to stir and mix everything up in one single direction. You should see the mixture becoming stickier and binding itself as your stir.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes before you start frying. Use a shallow fry pan such as this one shown on FoodBuzz Daily Special and fill it up about halfway over medium heat.
- Using your hand or a spoon, scoop 1 tablespoon of meat mixture and mould it round and dip it in a bowl of the beaten egg, then transfer it onto the plate of breadcrumbs. After coating it evenly, flatten it slightly with the palm of your hand and drop it carefully into the frying pan.
- Once the bottom side of the patty has turned slightly golden in colour, flip it over and fry the other side. Be careful not to use too high heat otherwise the coating will be cooked before the meat mixture is cooked through.
- Once it has been fried to a nice golden colour, drain it on kitchen paper and serve it hot with some chili sauce if preferred.