I got this recipe from a brother in Christ from New Creation Church, Weixin, who is a great cook, a great photographer and recently became father too! So I dedicate this blog post to him, his wife Wendy and their lovely son Zach! (whom I have not met yet!)
Och om du behöver den recept i svenska, du kan hitta det här
2 cups or 500ml strong coffee, cooled to room temp
3 tablespoons Amaretto Liquor
2 eggs, separated
30g caster sugar
250 g mascarpone cheese
1 cup cream
250 g ladyfingers or savoiardi (you may vary this according to the container you will eventually serve it in, at times you can also break up the biscuits to fit it)
cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Put the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl and beat with electric mixers until the mixture goes pale and thick.
2. Add marscapone (which should be at room temperature) and beat until combined.
3. Whip the cream until stiff peaks and fold gently into the egg mixture.
4. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks in a perfectly clean metal bowl.
5. Fold the whites into the cream.
6. For serving you can use a big dish or individual glasses. Prepare a dish which you mix up the coffee and liquor in which you can dip the ladyfingers in.
7. Dip biscuits in coffee one at a time. Do this quickly and turn the biscuit once only because it absorbs very fast and turns soggy if there's too much liquid. Drain well.
8. Layer in your dish or glass (breaking it into appropriate sizes), covering the whole bottom.
9. Place one third of the marscapone mix on top and spread out.
10. Repeat with remaining biscuits and marscapone, finishing with a creamy layer.
11. Smooth surface with a spatula and dust with cocoa just before serving using a small sieve containing the cocoa powder and tap over each glass or the container gently.
12. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but it works quite well if you leave for up to 24 hours.