För recept i svenska, klickar här
Prepare a thin vanilla sponge cake layer like what I did in Strawberry Cheesecake, but you can halve the recipe instead.
For the cheese topping:
250g cream cheese - room temperature
100g avocado, scooped out and chopped roughly before puree(would be useful if you had a Chop N Scoop board to do this in)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon gelatine powder
100g yogurt (natural or vanilla flavoured)
200g whipping cream
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar until light.
- Mix the gelatine powder with water and place it over a double boiler and stir till it dissolves. Add it to the cream cheese avocado mixture until well combined. If you don't have a double boiler, just place a metal bowl with the gelatine mixture over a pot of boiling water.
- Add in the yogurt next and mix it well until you get this:
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until soft peak and fold the cream into the previous mixture until well combined.
- In the cake mould which you should have the vanilla cake layer at the bottom, pour over the cheese filling. Smooth the surface and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Unmould the cake and decorate with slices of avocado or pipe whipped cream on it.