Saturday, March 19, 2011

Easy Peasy Chicken Soup

Easy Peasy Chicken Soup

This was quite a busy week for me and finally I have time to update the blog. The pleasant surprise this week was that when attending an course on Entreprenuership, Innovation and Economic Growth, I got to be known as the girl with a food blog because the coordinator googled me and he mentioned it. That's a good way to do networking I guess ;)

So I thought I will just post a really simple but good soup I learned from a lady who was doing fika at the international cellgroup I attend on Wednesday in Lund. She served it with a salad and some Swedish knäcke bröd and it was really nice and fulfilling. I also like it because it can be made more pepperish by the amount of pepper you use (obviously!) and for me, that's one of the selling point beside the natural sweetness brought by the addition of peas and carrots.

Ingredients (Serves 2)
1 chicken breast, diced
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
2-3 stalks of celery, peeled if preferred and diced
1 medium potato, peeled and diced
1 soup bowl of frozen peas
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Steps
  1. Over a medium heat, sweat the onion until it is soft before adding in all the other ingredients and 2-3 bowls of hot water.
  2. Simmer it until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes is soft enough. Season with salt and pepper before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment