Hej! I'm back! After a really good break in Singapore with my beloved family where my Dad treated me with lotsa of home-cooked goodness, it's time to cook for myself again back in Sweden :/ Don't get me wrong, I love cooking, but as I always say, it's a luxury to be cooked for and I will always grab those opportunities :)
I have been having the spicy craving for a while now, and this is a quick pasta dish which my hubby recreated lovingly on my first night back in our Swedish home, and I just had to make it again yesterday. The spiciness is achieved with Asian chili padi and freshly ground chili flakes, so you can vary the degree according to your preference.
Ingredients (Serve 1-2 generously)
Pasta of any variety, follow packaging for portion and cooking instructions to al dente level
1 packet/can of chopped tomatoes
1-2 chili padi, sliced thinly
1 cup of frozen peas
1 chicken breast, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
Freshly ground chili flakes
Grated Parmesan cheese to top off
- Cook the pasta of your choice to al dente, drain and set aside to be added to the sauce briefly later.
- Heat up a frying pan big enough to hold all the ingredients and pasta later with a couple of tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to brown slightly first, then the minced garlic and chili padi. Fry until you smell the aroma of the garlic but not browning the garlic.
- Add the peas and tomato sauce and mix well, seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken is cooked through and seasoning is to your satisfaction, add the cooked pasta in to toss well and add the chili flakes.
- Serve with a good grating of Parmesan cheese.