Saturday, March 10, 2012

Stir Fried Bitter gourd and Egg

Stir Fried Bittergourd with Egg

I just saw I only had one posting in February. So sorry about that, but now I am adjusting more to parenthood, the postings should be more regular again hopefully!

Some people say the older you get, the more you appreciate things you don't used to enjoy when you are younger. The same can be said for my growing appreciation for bitter gourd. To the point that I recently paid SGD7 for a medium size bitter gourd from the local Asian store. I probably wouldn't buy it again in the near future but the two dishes I made was this classic one stir fried with egg. I like the egg more omelet style so this is my version of it.


Ingredients
1/2 bitter gourd, cut lengthwise and sliced thinly
2 egg, beaten with a little salt and pepper
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
Chicken stock powder to taste

Steps
  1. Pan fry the omelet first, I like it a bit brownish and use the spatula to cut it into bit size pieces. Remove from the pan and set aside.
  2. Using the same pan, add about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and stir fry the minced garlic and shallot until fragrant, then add in the sliced bitter gourd. Cook until the bitter gourd is bright green before adding in the omelet.
  3. Add some water and chicken stock powder to taste. At this stage, you can adjust accordingly to how tender you want the bitter gourd slices to be. I like them soft with just a slight crunch. Have them with rice or some plain porridge, the way my Dad likes it.
Stir Fried Bittergourd with egg

    No comments:

    Post a Comment