Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mee Soto Chili

My Sister's MIL mee soto chili

I thought I better post this simple but really good and essential condiment to mee soto, which I had last made in April, before I forget. My sister's mother-in-law is a great cook and this is also from her if you decide to make Mee Soto yourself, or I think it can go with anything. It has a real kick since it uses chili padi, or bird eye chili.I have modified it a bit so it can be easily made here in Sweden.

Ingredients
3 large green chilies
3-4 chili padi
1/2 red onion
3-4 garlic cloves

Steps
  1. Using a food processor, blend all the ingredients together.  If you like the old fashion way, you can use the mortar and pestle too. Process it until quite fine.
  2. Pour the mixture into a frying pan and fry it without oil for about 3-5 minutes, until the moisture has evaporated and it is coming together like a paste.

    My sis's MIL chili for mee soto
  3. Add about 1-2 tablespoons oil and continue frying over medium heat, stirring it frequently. When it is all fragrant and paste-like, it is done.
  4. You can store it when it has cooled down in the fridge for up to a week. To use it, just take the amount required and add it directly to the mee soto soup, or if you like, add a bit of soy sauce to it before using it as a dipping sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment