Monday, November 2, 2009

Salmon Teriyaki


Mirin, Sake & Salmon

Had a new classroom, new classmates at school today, one was from Yokohoma, her name is Akiko. So, thought I will post this up as a tribute to the Japanese food I miss! You should really try the resturant at the top of Orchard Central. I loved their rice with white bait, sesame and flavoured salt. OOhh...would be one of the first few things I eat when I return in February!





For this salmon teriyaki, its pretty simple to make the sauce, I got this site at Closet Cooking's blog, its the best one I've tried so far and I'm pretty sure it will work great on other meat or corn too!


This makes enough sauce for two salmon fillets, just adjust accordingly if you are cooking for more or less.


Teriyaki Sauce

3 tablespoons soy
3 tablespoons mirin
3 tablespoons sake
1 tablespoon sugar

Directions:
1. Heat in the soy, mirin, sake and sugar in a small saucepan until the sugar is dissolved.

Cooking the Salmon
  1. Marinate the salmon fillet with the sauce for at least 30 minutes. 
  2. Drip dry before you pan fry it in a little oil. 
  3. If you like toast some sesame seeds and add it as a topping to the salmon, along with shredded Japanese seaweed, over a hot bowl of Japanese rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment