可乐鸡 or Cola chicken - for those of us who have not heard of it may recoil at the sound of it at first but once you've tasted, its actually quite addictive. You only need 4 ingredients - ginger, coke, chicken and leeks and about 30 minutes later you have a great dish to go with rice or just as a snack. This was again prepared by Xinba Xin, so as you can see, living in Lund can be a little more 'international' than Singapore itself ;).
Låter konstigt? Det är inte så konstigt för att alla vet det är mycket socker i läsken. Vi bara använder det i matlagning nu och det kommer att bli lite söt men mycket gott! Den här passar bra med ris eller som 'finger food'.
3 chicken wings, separated into drumlets and wings
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 tablespoon minced leeks (white part)
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
200ml regular coke (not light nor zero - Johan's coke safe from being used in my cooking ;)
- Wash and clean the chicken wings, separate it and pat it dry with some kitchen paper.
- Heat up about 2-3 tablespoons oil in a pan and brown the chicken on both sides.
- When the chicken are about done, push it aside in the pan and add in the minced ginger and garlic and stir fry it until it is fragrant before adding in the soy sauce.
- Mix it well and add in the coke, bringing it to a boil first before turning down the heat and cover the pan to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- The sauce should be reduced down to a caramel like thick sauce covering the chicken thoroughly.