I got this recipe from a classmate from SFI when we had a gathering at my place two weeks ago. I was just longing for them and it is pretty common in Singapore when we have them as breakfast or as a teatime snack. I have a few recipe that tells me how to make it but it normally involves quite a few steps so I was quite lazy to try it out until this came along. Now I am addicted!! Thanks Xinba!
Ingredients eller svenska recept här
1 or a few pieces of defrosted ready made butter pastry (makes 10-12, also depending on the size of the ready made pastry)
2 to 4 large eggs (depending on how eggy you want it to taste)
200 ml cream
50g or 1/2 dl of sugar (Half of the big measuring spoon you get at IKEA, you can vary this depending on how sweet you like it)
- Roll up the dough along like a Swiss roll so you have like a long roll. Divide it up into 10-12 portions by slicing it like how you will slice up a Swiss roll. Each piece should be around 2cm in length.
- Flour the surface lightly before laying each piece flat side down (so you can see the swirls) and flatten it with the back of your palm. Using a rolling pin and roll it out thinly till it is large enough to fit into the pastry cups/egg tarts forms you will use for each individual tart.
- Press the roll-out dough against the cups/form and set aside while you prepare the filling.
- Combine the eggs, cream and sugar in a bowl and stir till the sugar dissolves. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Fill in each egg tart pastry with the egg mixture till about 0.5cm below the brim of the pastry and place it carefully in the oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes or until it sets and is golden brown.
- Eat it while its nice and crispy or you can also heat it up in the microwave at a later time.