Le Creuset Pot of course!
About half an hour
1 Sweet potato (about 400-500 grams, you can vary)
4-5 tablespoons of brown sugar (you can vary this according to taste too)
Fresh ginger, sliced thinly about 15 slices (again, vary according to how 'spicy' you want this to be)
Red dates (optional, especially since I don't have any, but will get some the next time I go back to Singapore heh)
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 2cm cubes.
- Put the sweet potatoes in the pot, fill it up with hot water, about half the pot or enough to cover the sweet potatoes.
- Add the ginger slices when it begins to boil, together with the brown sugar
- Cover and simmer with a low heat till the sweet potatoes are soft, you can test by pricking one with a fork. Adjust taste if necessary
- Serve warm. Look at the translucent color of the sweet potatoes and how it kept it's shape! I'm sold!
I didn't bear to take off the label yet hehe