Sunday, January 3, 2010

Budino Di Cioccolato

Hej hej!

I've been quite busy in the kitchen but haven't had the time to post it up. Guess what I got for my Christmas presents? 6 cookbooks from my dear husband so you'll be seeing more and more recipes from these books.

Thought I would start off with one of my husband's favorite dessert from one of my favorite cook Nigella. This one is from one of my Christmas present 'Nigella Express'. I loved watching the demonstrations on TV and finally, I don't have to scramble to scribble down all the measurements and ingredients.

Budino Di Cioccolato is actually chocolate pudding in Italien. It's easy and really good!





Ingredients
250ml full fat milk
125ml double cream
60g castor sugar
1 tablespoon (15ml) cornflour
35g cocoa powder
2 tablespoons boiling water
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60g dark 70% cocoa solids chocolate, finely chopped

Steps
  1.  Boil up the water in a kettle while you warm the milk and cream together in a saucepan or a bowl in the microwave.
  2. In another bowl, mix the sugar, cornflour, cocoa powder together, then add in the 2 tablespoon of boiling water and whisk it into a paste.
  3. Whisk in the egg yolks one at a time with the paste, followed by the milk and cream mixture, then the vanilla extract.
  4. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and put it on low heat and cook while whisking continuously for about 3-4 minutes until the consistency resembles thickness like mayonnaise.
  5. Take it off the heat and add in the finely chopped chocolate before pouring into 4 small cups or glasses about 150ml in capacity each. Otherwise, just pour it into portions or containers of your serving choice.
  6. Cover the tops of the container with clingfilm, letting it rest on the chocolate surface to prevent a skin from forming and refrigerate them once they are cooler. Serve with a blob of cream on top if you like, make sure it's not fridge cold when you serve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment