If you are looking for an easy dessert recipe, look no further than this! A favorite with most people I know, I made this 4 times in the month of December as a farewell/thank you treat for Johan's colleagues at the hospital where he interned and also for a friend's birthday party. It goes very well with vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream and you can prepare this in advance, just warm it up a little in the microwave. It freezes very well too and I have a few made in the shape of muffin cups resting in my well-stocked freezer right now for those unexpected visits from friends.
I finally migrated this recipe from my old blog, and just one tip if you are using nuts, try to dry roast them first either in a pan over the stove or in the oven. I was lazy to chop up the nuts so you can tell from the tray the little indentations were from the almonds, so do feel free to make any variation you desire.
I do not know whose recipe it came from but Sylvia, a friend from UK who is equally passionate about food sent it to me one day and there was no stopping from there. She recently added to our collection of Le Creuset cookware by blessing us with a storage jar in the same orangey red collection as a Christmas present :)
(pre-heat oven at 130 degree first)
1. 200gm unsalted butter (melt butter in a bowl until like liquid butter & MUST let it cool down before using)
2. 50 gm coco powder
3. 160gm caster sugar
4. 120gm plain flour
5. 4 eggs
6. 100gm roasted & coarsely chop walnuts (or pecan nuts or almonds which I've used this time round)
7. 1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional)
8. 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1. Beat eggs lightly in a bowl & set aside.
2. Sieve flour & baking powder into a mixing bowl
3. Add in caster sugar, salt, coco powder, walnuts & mix them lightly
4. Pour in melted butter & eggs into flour mixture & use a large spoon to mix all well till you get a consistent mixture.
5. Pour mixture into a 8x8 inch square baking tin & bake at 130 degree for 35 minutes
6. Insert a skewer & it should come out clear & that's when brownies is done. Leave it to cool.